Sunday, July 6, 2008

Journal Entry: Sunday July 6, 2008

Class starts tomorrow so I am taking the time to set up my schedule for the coming 10 weeks. I started by logging into the classroom and checking the on-line calendar of events. The university supplied me with a planner and each quarter they send out a set of stickers to annotate due-dates in the planner. This class requires at least one writing assignment each week, due on Sunday, so I will be spending plenty of time writing.

Most of the reading should be completed the first or second day of each class-week to permit time to participate in the discussions and complete the written assignment for the week. My normal routine is to complete the reading on Monday and Tuesday, complete the initial posts to the discussions on Wednesday through Friday, and work on the written assignments on Saturday and Sunday. The assignments are due by Sunday night midnight local time.

This will be the most intensive class to date and I will not get much sleep over the next 10 weeks. I will actually begin my reading today and post my bio tomorrow. I make sure and post a discussion on the first day of class to lock in the participation requirements for financial-aid (Participation is closely monitored.)

The time spent on course-work today will include about three hours reading and a half an hour setting up my calendar.

No comments: