Saturday, January 19, 2008

How I Started

While I was a network engineer I learned that my director was pursuing a MBA through the University of Phoenix. I had answered some advertisements from some online universities and spoke to a few enrollment counselors. The University of Phoenix was the first university I found with a program that fit my needs. I would, however, recommend doing a little more research than I did in the beginning because there are more institutions offering online programs than I initially realized.

When I made my decision I worked with an Admissions Counselor who helped me through the application process. I later worked with an Academic Advisor to complete the process of transferring credits from prior coursework at other institutions. When I started the process with the UoP, I was intending to begin classes in the fall term. To my surprise, I started my first class less than one week after starting the application process. Looking back I think I should have waited until I was certain of the status of my financial aid application.

No comments: